Monday, September 2, 2024

Top Five Sources of News and Information

There are several social media sites that I am able to receive news from. Social media is my main intake of news. Through reposting, algorithms, and “viral videos”, I am able to see news that is relevant to my interests. Whether this be pop culture, political, or world news, I am able to get a wide variety of news on multiple different platforms through social media. The platform I get my news from the most would probably be Instagram. There are many accounts that are constantly posting news updates. I would recommend using social media for general information about what is going on in the world, but everyone should do more research than what they originally see on social media because it typically is not an extremely reliable source. 

My parents are another source from which I receive my news. My parents are constantly sending me articles and asking if I have seen or heard about this. This is how I get most of my updates about political news because my parents want me to stay updated on the political climate of the world. My parents are a semi-reliable source of news. They typically only send me news from right-wing media so I would have to research on my own to get the other side of issues. However, it is helpful to get news updates from my parents. 


The New York Times is another source of news that I enjoy looking at. They feature many types of news from domestic news, to national news, and to international news. There are many different sources of news that can be viewed on the New York Times which is helpful to extend my reach of information that I see. Also, according to the media bias chart, the New York Times is fairly centered on the scale and doesn't have a lot of bias in it. 


Apple News is another source of news that is easily accessible. The apple news updates pop up on my phone sometimes and if something catches my eye, I like to read it. Apple News also has an algorithm that filters articles that the user would be interested in. This is convenient because it gives me things that I have looked into in the past and would be of interest to me. 




Lastly, I use google news to keep myself updated on current and past events. It is a convenient site to quickly look up news that I want to hear about. Google News features articles from all types of news platforms which allows me to stay unbiased and look at all sides of current event issues. Like Apple News, Google News also features an algorithm that suggests news articles that would be of interest to me. This is helpful so I can keep myself updated on news that I would need updates on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rogers Diffusion of Innovation: The Telephone

The invention of the telephone was an innovation that changed many things for the world. One interesting thing about this invention was how ...